Welcome to the NYU IEEE Student Branch website
Who are we?
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional association. The main goal of the IEEE student branch is to help IEEE fulfill its vision of "Advancing Technology for Humanity" by offering activities such as workshops, competitions, and hands-on projects to the student body at NYU-Poly. We hope that these activities will be both fun and beneficial to our student members.
What do we do?
- Student competitions: Participate in the IEEEXtreme 24-hour programming competition, Micromouse robotics competition, and others.
- Open office hours: Because we currently do not have a room we are looking for an alternative and will notify you when we find a solution. Usually during open office hours, you can come use our equipment (Arduino, soldering, miscellaneous electrical parts) or get homework help with basic undergraduate EE and CS classes. Please refer to our schedule.
- Seminars, talks, hands-on workshops: We host soldering, Arduino, PSpice, and other workshops; and we invite guest speakers for seminars and talks (often together with our honor society branch, Eta Kappa Nu). Join our mailing list to be notified in advance of our events.
- Club projects: Bring a project proposal to our general body meetings (see schedule here) or e-mail us. If there’s enough interest from the club for you to form a team, we may be able to fund it as a club project. Past projects have included a Sentry Gun/Motion Tracking Defense System, a Wii Remote Interactive Whiteboard Project, and a Liquid Cooled PC.
Why join IEEE (national)?
You don't need to join IEEE national to participate in most of our club activities, but if you do become a student member of the IEEE national you'll get:
- A subscription to IEEE Spectrum magazine (online and print versions monthly)
- An online and print subscription to IEEE Potentials magazine, published every other month.
- Highly discounted rates on valuable IEEE subscriptions, including society memberships and publications, and IEEE conferences
- Email alias @ieee.org - instantly showing you are an IEEE member
- Access to the IEEE job site
- Eligibility for IEEE scholarships, awards, and fellowships
Ready to join? Click here to begin.